Sure has disappeared from the news, huh?
While I’m here, to summarise:
- Strikes (many, many strikes)
- OIL OH GOD SO MUCH OIL
- Fuck Israel now and forever
- Wolves in the Throne Room status: owns live
- WHY AREN’T YOU DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THE OIL OH THE HUMANITY
- Apparently a fox mauled some kids? That’s pretty awful. Also awful: tabloids using this to try and justify repealing the ban on fox hunting, completely missing the disconnect between rural and urban foxes.
- Gun rampage in Cumbria! Insert more “oh for fucks sakes, red tops” here.
- Did we mention the oil spill? I feel like I should put a picture of a oil-covered pelican here but googling pictures of it made me want to kill myself, so I’ll stop here
I mean – we knew England was the surveillance statiest surveillance state, has the highest number of CCTV cameras of any country in the world (we’re #1 woo wooo) but good fucking god what the hell is this shit. Muslim communities get more CCTV because they’re “at risk” of extremism? Fuck this country.
Project Champion. Project Champion. Project Champion.
I have nightmares about this shit, I swear to fucking god.
Vote Tory because Labour and the Lib Dems will ban Page 3!
Wait no don’t do that. Vote Labour because the Tories will put the recovery in danger!
Wait no don’t do that. Vote Lib Dem because Labour have taken away your civil liberties!
Wait no don’t do that. Vote BNP because FOREIGNERS FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE FOREIGNERS
No wait, vote Green because the environment!
Wait… no. Kill yourself.
This is pretty random but deal with it:
Book: Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch. Alternatively The Lies of Locke Lamora, if you haven’t read it.
Comic: Ignition City by Warren Ellis. Out now in trade paperback!
Music: New Release: Rotting Christ – Aealo. Old thing you don’t own: A Forest of Stars – The Corpse of Rebirth. Soonish: The Vision Bleak – Set Sail to Mystery.
Game: Star Trek Online, if you can stand muhmorepuhguhs. Mass Effect 2 if you can’t.
DVD: The Wrath of Khan!